Spend the day with an AHS freshman and find out why, at Assumption, it’s "more than you can imagine!” Meet your hostess, attend classes, meet students and teachers, enjoy a complimentary lunch, and experience life at Assumption firsthand.
How do I schedule a visit?
- Have your parent or guardian contact Lisa Van Wallaghen in the Admission Office at 502-458-9551, or click here: Schedule a shadow visit.
- Please schedule your visit at least 48 hours in advance and plan to visit on a day when your school is not in session. Eighth grade students are invited to shadow in the fall and seventh grade students are welcome beginning January.
- You will be matched with an Assumption freshman "host" based on your academic and extracurricular interests. Our "hosts" are trained to help you get the most of your shadow experience and can't wait to meet you! Student "hosts" can be requested too. It's up to you! Your visit will begin promptly at 8 a.m. and end at 1:20 p.m.
What will my day be like?
- 8:00 a.m.: Meet us at the Main Office doors at the corner of Bardstown Road and Tyler Lane.
- 8:05-1:20 p.m.: You will be introduced to your "host" and proceed to class. Enjoy meeting teachers, participatie in an activity period, and have lunch on us!
- 1:20 p.m.: Day complete! Pick up your free gift in our Campus Store and have your parent/guardian pick you up at the Convocation and Athletic Center/Campus Store location.
* Parents may contact the Enrollment Department to schedule a personal tour of our school. Please call 502-458-9551 for available tour dates.
What should I bring?
- A book or magazine will come in handy if our students have a test or quiz.
- Lunch is on us! Enjoy an amazing selection and variety of foods fresh from our kitchen.*
- Print off this Shadow Documentation Form and have it signed by your school prior to your shadow visit. Bring the complete form with you to Assumption on the day of your visit.**
**This form is only required if your daughter attends a Catholic school. And only if the school is in session on the day she shadows. Please check with your individual school to see what their requirements may be.
What should I wear?
- Casual clothes, including jeans and tennis shoes, are appropriate attire. Students should not wear shorts or midriff-baring clothing.
- Come explore all the possibilities at our Discover AHS Day on Sunday, September 15 from 1-3:30 p.m.
- Join us at Future Rocket Night on Monday, September 30 at 5 p.m. in our gym.
- Ask your parents to come to the Future Rocket Parent Reception on Tuesday, November 5 at 6:30 p.m. at The Humana Foundation Performing and Fine Arts Center, Assumption's theatre.
- Visit us at our Open House on Thursday, December 5 at 6:30 p.m. Meet teachers, students, and Iggy the Iguana! Don’t forget to pick up your free gift!
- Take the High School Placement Test at Assumption on Saturday, December 14 starting at 9 a.m. No registration is necessary. Just bring $10 and two #2 pencils. Although the High School Placement Test is offered at other area Catholic high schools, taking it at Assumption High School is an important first step in becoming a member of Assumption's Class of 2018.
- If you take the High School Placement Test at Assumption, come to the Class of 2018 Welcome Event Sunday, February 9 from 2:30-4 p.m.
please have your parents contact Mrs. Van Wallaghen in the Admissions Office at 502-458-9551.